Friday, November 05, 2004

Cory's Spot: CD: Anastacia – Anastacia

Anastacia:  AnastaciaOf course, there are exceptions, but for the most part, any given artist only releases one eponymous album. That being the case, it would certainly stand to reason that said album would be the most indicative of that artist's sound; the most personal; the best release to date. In the case of Anastacia's latest, I'm afraid that simply isn't the case. Anastacia reminded me of everything from Linkin Park to Ace of Bass, but "her" sound seemed to be missing. After a bit of research, I discovered that Glenn Ballard co-penned several songs; combined with the numerous unnamed guest voices, it's no wonder Anastacia doesn't seem to really own this album. That’s too bad – I've enjoyed her previous releases, but this one, while not a terrible listen, just didn’t work as well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment