Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sheibenkleister Defined

Editor's Note: In order to conserve space on our webserver, I've removed the link to the audio file and adjusted the post text accordingly. (4/27/05 1:56 am)

Scheibenkleister doesn't really mean anything at all. If you break it down into the two words it's composed of, you get "sheets of glue." Of course, it sounds close enough to something else in German that the person hearing it generally gets the idea.

7 comments:

  1. I think it means "sugar." So is that your "love" name for each other as in "hey sugar babe." It's a lovey wovey thing right?

    The only other thing I could find is that it is a German Board Game.

    Tell me if I'm right or at least on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fetch, I'm not the flip sure what it means. But I think it might mean "Fetchers".

    I think it should be made into a movie. "Meet the Sheiben-kleisters".

    ReplyDelete
  3. WARNING! This comment contains naughty words, both in a foreign language and in edited form!

    I guess it's not as clear as I originally though - I guess that's the problem with knowing a language that no one else around knows...you know?

    Scheibenkleister really does literally mean "sheets of glue," but of course that's nonsense. It's used like "shoot" is in English - in place of "Scheisse," or in English, "sh*t."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cory Scot Miles, this is a family blog. Also, young children are blogging too. So, watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you must be using it like the Plattdeustch word "Schietbuddel," which is somehow a term of endearment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and a specialty drink at some bar on Sylt, as I found out when searching for Plattdeutsch spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if I'd want to drink a S--- Bag. You know?

    ReplyDelete