I actually thought that I would be able to dig the garden spot out myself while Cory mowed the lawn. I thought that all I had to do was dig a hole and put the plant in the hole and bury the roots. Little did I know. I had to add planting soil and turn the dirt, and putting those red bricks around the edge as trim wasn't easy. So, I recruited Cory's cousin to help. I told him if he dug for me that I would make him a big batch of cookies. He's the reason why this project got finished. I would've probably quit once I found out we had a little ant farm in the middle of the dirt patch. It was a fun project and I'm really glad we finished. It's going to be nice to have some color in our front yard.
Flower Bed
Purple Flower (I forgot the name of it)
Purple flower (Isn't it beautiful!!!)
White Flower (I know, it looks like a
bush, but it will bloom some sort of
white flowers.)
Yellow Flower (Amanda flower)
These are my favorite flowers that we
bought. They look like a mix between
sunflowers and daisies.
Very nice. Now all you need is a drip sprinkler system. I know the right guy for the job.
ReplyDeleteGreat Pictures and posting. I liked all the pictures in one posting. Wow!
I really like the looks of the brick. The flowers are okay too.
ReplyDeleteDrip lines? Not necessary.
ReplyDeleteThat's right...I forgot about your sprinkler experience, Nick! So, you wanna come up for a fun evening of brats, 'kraut, potato salad, and sprinkler system repair?!
ReplyDeleteNaja...I'll figure out the sprinklers on my own, but the invitation to visit stands.
Repairs I can do easily. I'm helping another friend INSTALL a new system right now, and it's quickly becoming a pain! Tomorrow we're renting a trencher and digging all the holes. Should be awful!
ReplyDeleteWhat days do you work? My new schedule has Tuesday and Wednesday off (yeah they dissolved my old team), so I could come up on one of those days or try and get some other days off. But if I do come up... no potato salad. I always hated it, and then I ate too much of it in Germany.
I'm impressed with the planting. I myself can't keep a small plant alive in a pot, so any successful attempts at gardening are quite impressive in my mind. Good work!!
ReplyDeleteNick or Cory--do either of you know where Weilheim-Teck, Germany is??
Can't say as I've ever heard of it. Anything in particular that's of interest there?
ReplyDeleteWell...when I was in high school I knew a foreign exchange student from there, I recently ran across her address and was going to try and figure out if there is a school there she could be going to. Otherwise I think the address would be useless unless her parents still live there.
ReplyDeleteI checked it out, and that's an abbreviation for Weilheim an der Teck. So... I don't know where the Teck river is, but Mapquest tells me it's either in Baden Wuertemburg or Bavaria.
ReplyDeleteLet's hope it's not Bavaria.