http://www.yousendit.com/
I came across this site quite a while ago, but never tried using it until a couple of days ago. Now, for the individual involved in that first test, it really wasn't much of a success, since I screwed up and used a non-standard .zip encoding. For those of you who are less-than-fluent in geekspeak, YouSendIt worked fine, but what I sent was bad.
In any case, what YouSendIt does is allow you to send a file to someone that's bigger than your email file attachment limit (usually 10MB) without having to install any special file-sharing software whatsoever. With YouSendIt, you simply select a file (up to 1GB) on your hard drive and enter the email address(es) of the individual(s) you want the file sent to. If you need to send more than one file, just zip it up using your favorite archive utility and send the .zip file. Once you've sent the file, you're also provided with the download link, so you could send it to other people without having to upload the file again.
No comments:
Post a Comment