Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I broke a board...




On the way home from work the other day I saw a sign that said, FREE BOARD BREAKING. So, I did a little u-turn and went into Southwick Karate Academy to break my board. They taught me a few basic moves and a short lesson, and ka-bam. I broke a board with my own fist. Here are some pictures to prove it. They gave me one month of free lessons for both Cory and I. We went once and really enjoyed it. Cory even got to break a board too. We are so strong. We decided not to join because of the cost and also trying to get a babysitter twice a week. It was fun while it lasted. Just call us the Ninja Miles Team. That's right, we are now professional ninja's.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. All of our kids took many years of Karate and have learned the "hammer fist to the groin" move, which is most effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hammer-fist to the groin??? That's painful just thinking about.

    That's so funny about breaking the board, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fist better than hammer---my choice is neither.

    ReplyDelete