Sunday, July 24, 2005

HARRY POTTER


I finally finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was soooooooo good. If you haven't read it yet I highly recommend that you do. I lost my precious sleep trying to read as much as I could every night. I'm starting to get a little irritated that I can't talk to anybody about it though. Cory decided to re-read the whole series from book one. I had to read book 6 first. I'm thinking about starting over. But, book 6 is very intense and I have to admit that I cried. When I finished reading the book I had to give Cory a hug and then I had to be strong and realize that it's only a book. I just have to again say how good it was. But I am a big Harry Potter fan. If you don't know this yet, Harry Potter and the Golblet of Fire comes out in theaters this fall. Here is a link to the trailer.

43 comments:

  1. Ha ha glad to see you like the book so much. I can't believe your done. Jacob hobbs has read the whole thing too so you can talk to him about it!!
    :) Ted and I are reading it together, but are only about a third done. We are where they see hagrid for the first time in the book. cant wait to finish, then we can talk!
    the finches (jenni wrote this with ted right next)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie has read the whole book. I haven't even started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it in about three days last week. After a certain point, you just want to keep reading and reading and reading.

    I liked it. Fun read, can't wait for the last one to come out. I feel like I need to do what Cory is doing...I always forget what happened in the other books. Maybe I'll watch the first three movies and just read the other two books for a good review. haha Fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing that too. Just watching the first three then reading the next two so that I'm all caught up. The books are so much better than the movies though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie didn't cry when the world trade centers went down, but cried when she read Harry Potter. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was just a play off of one of Cory's posting on his personal site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at Wal-mart tonight and guess Professor Snape was in line behind me. Oops, tuns out it was just the creepy guy from the photo lab. Looks just like snape though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just started reading Harry Potter too. I have forgotten alot of the characters from the previous books. Maybe I will finish it in a few days and let you know if everything makes sense in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read it in 24 hours minus 10 for work. So I know all about losing sleep reading it. I was over at a friends house when the death happened and he was trying to talk to me and I didn't even hear him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not read a Harry Potter book, you think I'd like 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So how about we have a Harry Potter month in October? We can all watch the movies that are already out and then read the other two books. Then all go see the newest movie on the same day when it comes out? Since we're all Harry nuts, I think it would be hilarious!

    What do you think? We should all at the very least have Harry Potter film festivals to watch the first three right before seeing the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Tara, Harry Potter is worth a read. I resisted until a friend talked me into seeing the first movie. I then bought book one at Walgreen's at midnight on my way home from the theater, and I've never regretted getting hooked.

    As for a Harry Potter film festival, Melanie, if everybody's coming for our baby's blessing, we ought to watch the first three movies on Dan's projector and then go to the big theater here for movie four. Fun for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are coming for the blessing? Alright! Is it true Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if they're coming Dad. We don't even have a blessing date yet. We can figure one out though. It would be cool if they came. Oh, Melanie, I think it would awesome to have all the family participate in a Harry marathon in October. I'm definatly in. I do like Cory's idea too. (Just in case anyone was thinking about coming to the blessing.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We would love to come, but right now it would cost $777 for us to come. If anyone wants to make donations we'll take them! haha Even if we can't be there we can still have a film festival on the same day here maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There was a guy that I worked with at Sandia who looked like snape with gray hair. The crazy part was that he not only looked like snape, but he sounded just like him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why is Angie getting so many comments on a stupid post about Harry Potter? That's what I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know why there's so many posts here, how about one more?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I guess everyone loves Harry. It's crazy how many posts one Harry book could bring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We finally finished the book. Sniff, sniff. We can see why Angie cried. I can't believe that frodo almost didn't give back the ring. Opps wrong book

    We had 150 pages left and we read them all. Couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know I haven't read a Harry Potter book before and perhaps I'm not welcome in this converstation, BUT I heard the other day that Dumbledore is really Ron/Harry from the future. Do you suppose that is true?

    Just trying to keep this post alive.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lot of people thought that, but Rowling posted a comment on her site that it was not true.

    I heard that Harry's godfather is coming back in the 7th book

    ReplyDelete
  23. The question that keeps haunting me is why in the world did J.K. kill Sirus?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't worry Tara, Sirus isn't a real name from the series, and you don't meet the dude he means until later on in the series. You'll forget that tiny spoiler before you hit it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How could that spoil it, Sirus was killed in the last book. Where have you been Tara? Are you behind in your reading? Don't worry I'm behind too. I have only read the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here is what I really want to know... Who is the Half Blood Prince in this series? That chat is endless on the net and it's driving me insane.

    Ted, I hope the guy you are talking about that works at Sandia doesn't act like the Half Blood Prince. That would be bad, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  27. No, the guy I work with is just a little weird.

    Frodo is the half-blood prince

    ReplyDelete
  28. Except that Tara hasn't ever read any of them, and is asking if she should.

    And she should.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh! Sorry Tara, I should have read this blog closer. I hope you are inspired to read these books and that I haven't spoiled it for you. Nick are you and Tara friends or more than friends? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nick,
    The reason I ask is that your blogs are quite similar---topics and interests that is. Nice chattin with you.

    Later,

    ReplyDelete
  31. No problem. We're just friends, actually we've never met in person, but when I get a chance, I'll head on up there and visit her and Cory.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great! Come visit us too. We'll have you over from dinner or something.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So I finally watched the trailer for the new movie. Looks AWESOME. Except what's with Ron's lame hair? I guess it's supposed to make him look more serious. haha

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just got around to reading Orson Scott Card's article from a couple of weeks ago, in which he discusses Potter. He makes some good points, including a couple of things I hadn't really thought about. Now we just have to wait a couple of years to see if Rowling can pull it all together in a believable and satisfactory way.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Do they have an apporximate date yet? I'm already getting impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm getting real tired of this Harry Potter book picture.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I read the Orson Scott Card article. I think he may be on to something. I thought the same thing about the person that died in this book.

    Interesting thoughts on Snape. I didn't make that mental step, but he's convinced me now.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Speaking of Harry, I just took a personality test here,

    http://piratemonkeysinc.com/quiz.htm

    and they told me I was most like Draco Malfoy in the Potter series. Ewwww. What does a site called "Pirate Monkeys Inc" know anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Like husband, like wife----Remus Lupin INFP, even though Cory and I have totally different personalities. Wierd!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Albus Dumbledore, INFJ

    Interesting that we are all INF's

    ReplyDelete
  41. Albus Dumbledore, INFJ

    But I think the results of this test aren't completely accurate as moods and temperments vary day-to-day.

    ReplyDelete