





Mrs. Jones was Cory's grandma's next door neighbor. Cory used to mow her lawn and he treated her pretty much like a second grandma. Well, last Friday was her 100th birthday. She lives in Idaho Falls now, and so we traveled there to attend her 100th birthday party. It was very sweet. She can't talk very much, but she acted as though she had a lot to say and a lot was on her mind. She really took a liking to Tyler and Tyler really liked her. Tyler even grabbed her hand at one point and held it and then she started to try to sing to him. It was so adorable. I'm so glad that I was able to catch this tender moment between Mrs. Jones and Tyler. It's not everyday that you get to meet a 100 year old person.
I wish we could have been there. It's amazing how she looks the same as when we were little kids. That was really sweet between her and Tyler.
ReplyDeleteI wish you could have been there, too. It's sad to see someone who was always so strong and lively unable to speak or communicate clearly, but good to know she's lived a good life and is being well taken care of now. It was really sweet between her and Ty - he really did go up and take her hand without prompting, which is amazing for Ty with a stranger. And even though she just seemed to jabber on unintelligibly most of the time, her voice took on a sing-song quality as she held his hand and admired our beautiful little boy.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDeletecool story guys.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha, I love all your postings ang, it has been a while! I especially like tyler with the dogs in the cart, and the one with cory's neighbor was really cute too.
ReplyDelete